-Bronze Award Best Cinematography at Queen Palm International Film Festival with Do Not Sing To Me, My Beauty- 2018
-Nominee Best Cinematography at Bucharest Shortcut Cinefest with Alex - 2021
-Best Film Award at We Make Films International Film Festival with Elegant Heist directed by Ammar Agha - 2020
-Nominee Best Cinematography at Brazil International Monthly Independent Film Festival with Elegant Heist - 2020
My path in Cinematography was sparked with Creativity. More balanced toward a feeling of art and storytelling.
Though practical, Cinematography is based on technique and even logistics and management.
Seeing the difference it made, my first years on set were spend in the Lighting Department, learning from the best and far more experienced.
Later on, I also took a masterclass in directing in New York to balance my technical half with a part that is working with
all the people on set, on both sides of the lens.
Besides that I posses a friendly character. I believe in the great importance of the mental mood
and the well being of relations in any field of our work. Whether it's the director working with the actors or the gaffer
instructing the electricians, if the mood is good all work is done better.
• 2020 Masterclass/workshop Super 16 and 35 mm film - Flip Bleekrode at Camera Rentals Amsterdam
• 2018 Masterclass Grading - Garry Maddison & Peter Lynch at NEP (Amsterdam)
• 2018 Masterclass Arri Alexa Mini - Flip Bleekrode Amsterdam Film School (Amsterdam)
• 2007 Masterclass Directing Motion Pictures - Lenore Decoven NYFA/Open Studio (New York)
• 2004 Camera, editing and directing Open Studio (Amsterdam)
• 2000 HAVO Montessori Lyceum Herman Jordan (Zeist)